About the Firm
H.J. Cannon Group was incorporated as Delaware Valley Roofing Consultants, Inc. in 1982 as a roofing consultant firm. Cannon Group, after working for various local school districts, was awarded a multiple-year contract with the School District of Philadelphia and afterward a multi-year contract with the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA), Mid-Atlantic Region 3. The work with both of these major building owners quickly developed into a practice that came to include the entire building envelope consisting of roof and waterproofing systems, exterior walls, windows, and fabricated curtain walls. As Cannon Group's list of clients expanded, the area serviced by the firm grew. The work with the GSA Region 3 included Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Virginia, and West Virginia. Cannon Group's partnering with various contractors added design / build work with GSA Region 3, GSA Capitol Region including Washington, D.C., and the District of Columbia Public Schools. Cannon Group has also performed professional services in Florida, Connecticut, Louisiana, Illinois, and Montana.
Cannon Group, since its founding, has undertaken professional services that have included the following:
- School District of Philadelphia: Investigation, analysis, design and construction administration for roofing, waterproofing and exterior walls on over 250 schools
- School District of Philadelphia's Facility Master Plan: Investigation and report on 114 schools.
- GSA Mid-Atlantic Region 3: Investigation, analysis, design, and construction administration of dozens of Federal facilities involving roofing, waterproofing and exterior walls.
- Verizon Communication: Roof Assess Management database program for 1,700 buildings owned or leased by in the State of New York and most of New England that included inspection and repair recommendations of over 960 buildings
- Claims Evaluator for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Delaware in the Gates Engineering Bankruptcy Case involving over 500 buildings.
Cannon Group has also provided assistance to construction firms in the analysis and recommendations of various building elements during the construction process. Cannon Group was retained by National Roofing of Florida to assist in the evaluation of the roof assembly for the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) at the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
Recently, Cannon Group has added structural consulting services with the addition of Scott Heyer, P.E., and infrared inspection services with the certification of Jeff Cannon, Sr., as a Certified Infrared Thermographer, Level 1.