Cannon Group, in the spring of 2010, added structural engineering consulting to the range of in-house services offered to our clients. Many of Cannon Group's roofing and building envelope projects require the assistance of a structural engineer to evaluate conditions uncovered during the course of our roofing and building envelope investigations resulting in development of remedial repairs to address uncovered conditions. The use of in-house engineering staff improves Cannon Group's ability to meet the client's needs and limit costs. In addition to providing assistance with our building envelope services, Cannon Group's structural division provides consulting engineering services as a sub-consultant to owners, architects, contractors, and engineers on a wide range of projects.
Cannon Group's engineering division is lead by Scott J. Heyer, P.E, M.S.C.E. Mr. Heyer has over seventeen (17) years experience in the structural review and design of:
- Low and mid-rise structures
- Industrial structures including both new and retrofit construction
- Commercial, residential, and educational facilities
- Temporary construction shoring
- Deep and shallow foundation design including underpinning and temporary retaining structures
- Pre-engineered metal building foundations
- Building inspection, analysis, and assessment reports
- Building façade assessments and repairs
- Concrete structure evaluation & repair
Cannon Group's engineers are licensed to practice in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, and Maryland.
Cannon Group can provide a full range of structural design services for all phases of a client's project from inception to final occupancy. Our office prides itself on producing construction documents and specifications that clearly define the required scope of the structural design work for accurate bidding and construction. Our structural designs take into consideration the constraints and challenges of the project in order to arrive at cost effective and constructable solutions.